“Don’t be intimidated. Eventually everything is going to be out in the open, and everyone will know how things really are. So don’t hesitate to go public now. Don’t be bluffed into silence by the threats of bullies. There’s nothing they can do to your soul, your core being. Save your fear for God, who holds your entire life—body and soul—in his hands.”
-Matthew 10:26-28 [The Message]
I have been thinking about the reason as to why I started writing in this blog in the first place. Initially, my intent was to not have a theme or purpose. To just write about the things I’m passionate about and hope that people respond positively to it.
I’ve done some pondering over this, and I’ve come to the realization that it is insufficient. It would be too easy, and, quite frankly, lazy for me to say that this blog has no meaning or theme. Everything that exists in this universe must have a meaning and a purpose behind it. Otherwise, why does it exist? Not only do I need to outline the purpose of this blog, but I need to create a personal philosophy of my own as well:
- I seek to promote love, unity, wholeness, and righteousness
- I will not allow any unwholesome or malicious talk to come out of this site. I want everyone who enters this place — including myself — to leave more whole, happy, and strong than when they came in
- This blog will be as personal as it will be political and social. In sharing the stories of my personal struggles, I hope to inspire you and develop a genuine relationship with all of you
- I AM NOT AN “INFLUENCER”
- I hate this word with every fiber of my being. The social media era has created a class of people known as influencers. These people tend to be narcissistic, shallow attention seekers who hop on whatever the trending topic is for their own personal gain. Their personal philosophies, beliefs, and worldviews often change like the wind in order to stay attached to whatever the trending topic is.
- Nah, that ain’t me. The moment that I become that person, I will delete this blog
- With that being said, I’m not looking for followers either. The word “follower” implies cult-like behavior. This dynamic has produced a generation of followers, following whoever appeals to their base natures. Influencers are simply looking for who they can manipulate.
- These influencers lord over their followers like a king lords over his subjects — dictating whatever gimmick they’re selling to them, and expecting all of their followers to be on-call social media goons, ready to attack and troll whoever goes against them
- I don’t need that energy in this space. I’m looking for like-minded people who — regardless of religion, politics, creed, race, gender, etc. — are trying to live righteously in a degenerate and insane era. I’m trying to make the world a better place, one individual at a time.
I hope to open people’s eyes to the realities we face as a society. To the contradictions, absurdities, and strange phenomenon that we have come to accept as normal. In addition, in the midst of all of this, I hope that we can all help each other improve spiritually, mentally, emotionally. physically, and otherwise.